Saturday, February 9, 2013

Interactive Media from MIT

I am getting ready for an exciting class through MIT's Media Lab. I looked into some material from Mitch Resnick, the director of the Lifelong Kindergarten group, who discusses in this TEDx presentation the idea of fluency leading to expression, regardless of medium. The idea of teaching coding to my students is exciting and daunting. However, as part of this journey, I may try to teach Scratch to a small group. Who knows what we will create? Isn't that the fun (and the challenge) of Art and Science?



2 comments:

  1. Hi There!

    Just watching the video... I won't be able to participate during the day due to my schedule. I am waiting for my IT person to download Scratch I hope to start using it with my 6th grade students.

    Best,

    U

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on getting Scratch for my 5th grade small group. I look forward to bouncing ideas off of you!

    ReplyDelete